Thursday, November 6, 2008

SLEEP? WHO NEEDS IT?

ME!! THAT'S WHO NEEDS IT!! This adoption, finally winding down, is KILLING ME!!! I am most definitely an 8-9 hours a night girl!! If I don't have enough sleep, I am just a CRABBY, CRANKY, ILL-TEMPERED soul!!(no jokes about how that's different than usual) All my insomnia started about 10 days ago and this waking up between 3-4am EVERY STINKING DAY is getting old. 'Cause I'm not getting 8 hours and I'm not able to go back to sleep. While my body is begging for more shut eye, my brain is turning on. My alarm does not go off until 6am though!!!


Really though, I have always needed sleep. As a child I would tell my parents that I was putting on my pj's and going to bed.....regardless of the time or if we had company. I would literally tell my folks good night and go to bed. As a teenager, if I had friends over, my Mom used to joke that when I was ready for bed this would be my conversation with them:

Ok, bye ya'll. I'm going to bed. You have a couple choices:

1) I can walk you out NOW;
2) You can walk yourself out NOW;
3) I can bring you a pillow and a blanket. See you in the morning.


Well, they usually chose option #1. And yes, I had a great social life and dated quite a bit in high school. :-)

I know as the next 5 days fly by, I will probably not get my 8 hours a night. If you could say a little prayer that as long as I get good sleep, for however long, that it'll be sufficient for me. 'Cause you know what they say:

"WHEN MOMMA AIN'T HAPPY, AIN'T NOBODY HAPPY!!!"

1 comment:

Rita Andrews said...

YOU ARE SO CLOSE!!!!! HERE SOMETHING FUN FOR YOU TO DO...

GO TO MY BLOG....YOU ARE NOW TAGGED!