Wednesday, November 12, 2008

FOREVER HAS BEGUN!!!!!

And I am just a smidge less scared than I was last night. But only a smidge. Really, I wasn't sure I was going to make it through dinner. Dang this is tough. Not as tough as it could've been but it's still stinking tough. Here's the email I finally got to send out to our families at 5:30am!
------------------------------------
Yep, internet is hit and miss. Realized we had not packed the USB cord for the camera and the disk slot on alan's computer does not work right. We forgot to put minutes on the phone until later last night and then the stores were closed. Add in that for some reason our "international plan" on our regular phone is not working outside the US!! GRRRRRRRRRR..........we're working it all out though!!! Just be patient with us!!

I tried to post this last night:

Vivi got here at 5pm. We talked a little and then went to dinner. Dinner was good but a little odd b/c of the language barrier and the fact that we didn't think ahead to get a translator for that time. Well, we did but we didn't get it confirmed. The hotel folks helped us out though! SOOOoooooo, after we ate, she came up, got her things, we prayed and they left. It was heartwrenching and, well, I'll spare you the details. It was not fun!

Things were going great - She is adjusting to both of us. Got some great shots but having som camera issues. Then Alan went to try to get a phone card....everything was closed. Daddy left and she didn't like it. She warmed up to ALan almost immediately. Me, well, it's taking some time....as is to be expected.


And so it began: When she gets stressed she pukes...... EVERYWHERE....... ALOT.......SEVERAL TIMES!! So, she's puking...on me, on her, in the hallway of the room, in the room....everywhere. She's cried herself to sleep. I figure this is what we're going to have to get used to until she settles. I think we have a nervous stomach kiddo on our hands. Hoping and praying that ends soon!!! I can't do this every time the situation changes.


I'll post more later........much love to you all!!

9 comments:

Julie P said...

Oh how terrible for all of you. Puke is not fun, but I am sure you're taking joy and comfort in the fact that you and Alan and Sydney are together forever at last.

Good Luck in the coming days.

Bethany said...

I am so happy that you guys are finally there! Like you said, it will just take some time for her to get used to you. Keep praying and soon she'll act like you're the only mommy she's ever had! :)

If you are at the Marriott, the business lounge has extra USB cables, perhaps one of those will fit. If not, down the street (you will need to take a cab) there is an Office Max that sells them. Can you tell that I have forgotten mine as well!! :) Can't wait to hear more!!!!!

Rita Andrews said...

We are praying fo ryou all. Im so glad that your forever has finally gotten here!!!

HUGS to you all!

Rita

terri s said...

I have prayed for you several times this morning. The first thing that the Holy Spirit laid on my heart was the transition to your family. I know it will be tough, but you are tough--look what you have endured these last two years. Read the attachment books/articles/websites if you have not already, they are so helpful. Yea! You got her. Yea! It won't be long till she's home saying Roll Tide. Yea! God is good and faithful and he will bring about the attachment and bonding.

Take care,
terri

Valerie said...

I'm so happy that your family is now complete. Praying that she calms down, with less puking. Our little girl warmed up to Hubby faster than me. I blamed it on my light hair/skin and eyes. It will get better!

Anonymous said...

There is a good doctor in Guate, named Montel, maybe you could get her stomach checked out. She no doubt has a parasite or something adding to her misery.

I'm praying for that sweet child, its natural for sure for her to attach to your husband first, try and limit the amount of times he leaves her, just for a few days he should be her primary caregiver, in time she will adjust. She has too. Good luck, read the Weaver's Craft, it has great techniques for transition in it.

Tonya

Downtown Judi Brown said...

I finally got to check out your blog and wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you & the family. I can't wait to meet Sydney!!!

Take care,

Judi

Unknown said...

Yay!!! Even through the puke, I know you are so relieved to have her in your arms!!!! FOREVER!!!!! I have been stalking your blog for this post and I am so happy to know that you are united with Sydney. She is so blessed to have you and Alan for parents. She will fall in love with both of you--you'll see!!!! Hugs and Kisses!!!

Unknown said...

UGH it is so hard. And I can't imagine dealing with all the puke on top of it. Can't wait to see pictures. Remember - one day at a time. And remember, you're together!

Kris