Friday, November 7, 2008

We will miss you Tommy.....

11/09/08 UPDATE:
I said good-bye to Tommy tonight. It was the hardest thing I have done in a LOOOONG time!! My heart just breaks for them....it's like living it all over again.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Please keep my dear, sweet friend Teresa in your thoughts and prayers. Teresa lost her husband, Tommy, tonight. It was completely unexpected and has just rocked us to the core. Tommy was only 40 and I've been friends with them for over 12 years. Teresa and Tommy have 2 children.....their daughter, "C" is almost 8 and their son, "W" is almost 5 (our Luke reminds me of their "W" when he was younger). Tommy was a well-respected accountant in our area....he was OUR accountant. He was our friend. Tommy loved his kids more than life itself and believe it or not, he was a bigger BAMA fan than me!


I am just shocked and saddened by the news. My heart aches so deeply for Teresa. So rocked by the news that it makes me almost physically ill. I just can't believe someone I've known for so long, someone that helped me through the same loss a mere 8 years ago, is being thrown into dealing with this herself. I just don't understand.
My mind and heart takes me back to the 7 years we worked together. When she and Tommy went off and got married in Hawaii. How all "us girls" arranged a reception for them a couple weeks after they got back. I remember the days she told me they were expecting and how excited she was. The phone calls to Tommy begging him to squeeze our taxes in because I had lollygagged around and not sent him our info. How he'd always laugh and say, of course you can bring them in. You know they don't take long to do.
Please just say a prayer for them today. In the coming days, they are going to be faced with things they thought they had YEARS to prepare for. Only to be forced to face them now. We love you Teresa.....I will never be more than a phone call away.
This SEC WEST CHAMPIONSHIP is for you Tom! Tell "The BEAR" we said ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!! Tommy, we will miss you!!!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

My heart goes out to you and your friends. How sad. I will say a prayer for the ones left behind.

hugs!

~Isabel said...

Kristi, i'm so very sorry for your friend, Teresa. I can't imagine how her heart hurts from loosing her husband, especially at such a young age and so unexpectedly. She's going to need her friends and family so much....and she is lucky that you'll only be a call a way to help if needed.

I'm sorry for your loss of Tommy, too....it's hard to loose friends unexpectedly. :(

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with Teresa and her children.

Love every day.

terri s said...

this is just so sad. he was so young. glad that you can be there for your friend.

you stay safe on your trip.
thinking of you